– the Heart of the Qur’an
1. The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Surely everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. I would love that it be in the heart of every person of my people’
[Bazzar]. (S.Muhammad Ali Sabuni, Tafsir-al-Sabuni Vol.2)
2. The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Whoever recites Yasin once Allah will record the reward of reciting the Qur’an ten times.’
[Maqal, Tirmidhi 2812/A & Dhahabi]
3. It has been reported by Aisha (radiAllahu anha) that the Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said that there is a surah in the Qur’an that intercedes for its reciter and forgive its listener. Know! It is Surah Yasin. It is called ‘Mu’amma’ in the Torah.
It was enquired, what is Mu’amma? The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘it embraces the person with the goodness of this world and removes the dismay of the Hereafter’
[Hashiya of Tafsir Jalalalayn , pg 368].
4. On the authority of Ma’qil ibn Yasar from the Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Recite Yasin on your deceased’
[Abu Dawud, Nasa’I,Ibn Maja]
[Imam Nawawi, Al-Tibyan li-Hamalati’l-Qur’an pg 168].
5. The Prophet said, ‘Whoever recited Surah Yasin in the night seeking Allah’s pleasure, Allah would forgive him’
[Ibn Hibban, Darimi 3283/A, Abu Yala, Tabarani, Baihaqi & Ibn Mardawaih]