Obesity is the condition where a person has excessive deposit or storage of fat in his/her body. It can affect a person in any and every age group and is also not restricted by sex. Obesity is found more in people who consume food in large quantities and lead a sedentary live. A serious health hazard, the extra fat puts strain on the heart, kidneys, liver and joints of hips, knees and ankles. The causes of obesity include overeating, low basal metabolism, thyroid or pituitary gland disorders, sedentary lifestyle, genetic factors and hormonal imbalance. While being overweight refers to an increase in overall body weight, including essential body tissues, obesity refers only to excessive fat tissues. However, obesity can be treated effectively at home, resorting to some natural ways. Given below are some effective home remedies for curing the problem of obesity.
Home Remedies for Obesity
* The easiest and effective remedy to fight obesity would be to have 10 grams of honey, along with a glass of warm water. Consume this in the morning, on an empty stomach. If found effective, the dose can be increased with time.
* You can also mix juice of half a lime and one teaspoon of fresh honey in a glass of lukewarm water. Have this early in the morning, followed by every few hours intake.
* Consuming 10-12 fully grown curry leaves every morning, for 3 months, is found beneficial in dealing with the problem of obesity.
* Have one or two tomatoes, on an empty stomach, every morning. This has been found to be effective in curing obesity.
* In a glass of boiling water, add ginger and lemon slices. Steep for sometime and strain the water. Have this decoction when warm. Not only would it treat obesity, it would also control overeating tendency.
* In a cup of water, add 3 tsp limejuice, ½ tsp powdered black pepper and 1 tsp honey. Have this concoction regularly, once a day, for 3 months.
* Include loads of cabbage in your diet. You can have its leaves raw or boiled. You can also make a vegetable out of it or use it in salads.
* Take out fresh carrot juice, add a little water and churn it in a blender. Filter the juice and drink it.
* Include French beans, jackfruits, grapes, figs, peaches, phalsa and guava in the diet.
* Having green tea has been found to be beneficial in treating obesity. You can also consume tea made from dandelion root.
* In a cup of lukewarm water, add ½ tbsp honey and ½ tsp holy basil paste. Consume this everyday, for treating obesity.
* Horse gram can help cure obesity. Soak 1-2 tbsp horse gram in a glass of water and keep it overnight. Filter the concoction the next morning and have it on an empty stomach.
Warning:The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
This information is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor.